Friday, February 12, 2010

5 for Friday

Hi everyone!  TGIF!!!!!  Although I don't know why I am happy about that - the kids haven't been in school for a week, and guess what - Monday is Presidents Day, so they won't be going back until Tuesday.  GRRRR!  My morning was hellish, so as I was driving into work, I was thinking about all the things I hate.  Nothing like that subject to prompt a little road rage!  Anyway these are the things I hate on this Friday morning:

5.  I hate grounding the kids.  It is more punishment for me than them honestly.  To be clear about Da Rules at our house, we posted them along with the consequences for breaking them on the refrigerator and each one of us signed.  They were reviewed and explained in detail.  But little Satan could not help himself this morning, and now he is grounded.  Tomorrow is going to suck!

4.  School cancellations - I am so sick of school cancellations.  And when all the other districts are canceling, our waits, which makes it very difficult to make plans.  And another thing - WHY DON'T THEY HAVE SCHOOL ON MONDAY????  Apparently, Monday is a "Staff Development Day for Teachers", but no school for students.  Why not make TODAY the Staff Development Day??  Am I speaking totally foreign?  There is no reason those teachers should not be at work today?  The roads are clear and the rest of the world is working!!!!  Please don't misunderstand, I love my childrens' school - I really do - and they have some really awesome teachers (who should be at work today!)

3.  Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl and all of the whining Pittsburghers.  YOU VOTED HIM INTO OFFICE!   Your streets are not plowed and he is a 26 year old moron and YOU VOTED HIM INTO OFFICE.  Honest to God, I think you could put a monkey on the democratic ticket in Pittsburgh, and he would be elected. 

2.  The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) at school.  Is there a reason that the PTO meetings are always during the middle of the day, instead of in the evening?  They have conducted one evening meeting, to which I went, and I actually found it very informative.  Apparently they didn't like the fact that some working mom's showed up, so they have never done that again!  I spat on them!

1.  Senior Citizens on the road.  Why must senior citizens choose to go out during the peak traffic hours??  They have all day!  Go at a different time - You cannot possibly need that much bread and milk!!

Tonight my BFF Emilio and I are going out for drinks.  This has been a long week for both of us with all of this snow.  So we are going out for some girl time, even though Emilio is a boy and he is not gay.

I wish all of you a great weekend!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

OMG!!! Totally with you on #5. Telling them they can't watch tv is a set up for disaster! Do your kids have early release day once a week? Mine do, on Wednesday. They get out an hour earlier than usual. Then there's MODIFIED early release day. That's two hours earlier. Why even bother going?

Pamela said...

P.S. The rabbit you have for your button? I have an entire calendar in my kitchen with this rabbit who cracks me up more every time I turn to a new month!

SupahMommy said...

we have to make up monday ! ughhh
glad to find another burgh blog
xoxo

supah