Friday, February 5, 2010

The 7 words You Can't Say on TV

The Enginerd recently hung some shelves for me in my craft room.  He gets out the level, the stud finder, all the tools.  He is really very handy, so I can trust that these shelve will never come down.  One thing I have noticed about the Enginerd is that whenever he is building something, or doing anything with tools, the quality of his language declines and its like listening to George Carlin spout all of the words that cannot be said on TV.

The Enginerd definitely has his little chain of words when he is using tools - it goes something like this jesus- christ-a fuckin-son-of-a-bitch.  When he gets really aggrevated, he throws in a little C-U-Next-Tuesday.  It is actually really very funny because typically he doesn't swear alot.  I swear alot.  In fact my son told me that if there was a contest in the third grade for whose Mom swears the most, I would win hands down! 

Shift gears - we were at Disney a few years ago, and honestly it was the most awful trip.  The lines were long, 3 rides broke down (one while we were sitting on it).  The kids really did not enjoy it, and we won't go back.  In the middle of all of the frustration at Disney, I can't remember the exact context of the quote, but my adorable 4-year old little blonde blue eyed angel said,"jesus-christ-a-fuckin-a-rich".  I looked straight at the Enginerd!  There was no denying it - she was definitely quoting him!  Well it was one of those moments that you want to totally crack up, but you can't!  K-Lo actually repeated this phrase a few times, when we finally told her she really can't say that in public. 

As the Enginerd was hanging those shelves for me, and he was mumbling his swear rant, I thought of that moment at Disney and it cracked me up all over again.   Fortunately I haven't heard K-Lo use that phrase again.  Although now she is smart enough to not let me hear her say it.

9 comments:

Coryanne Ettiene said...

I laughed out loud at that one, I have a habbit of calling people on street nutjobs, because we live in London and most of them are. My husband works in mental health and has no tollerance for that word, but my 2 older children love it and use it as many times as they can in any sentance. I have had to curb the use ;-) but that quote is fantastic. thanks for the laugh

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog

Miss Fanny said...

Had a similar visit to Disney when my daughter was 4 only, unfortunately it was my potty mouth that she echoed as I unintentionally let it slip on the Dumbo ride. Enjoy your blog!

The Mommyologist said...

HA!!! I am just waiting for something similar to come out of my little guy's mouth! It's bound to happen sooner or later!

Emma said...

Swearing is totally banned in our house at the mo , I fear it may be Oli's first word with the way my partner sometimes comes out with it!!

Thank You for your lovely words on my 'fitting in' post! :)

Veronica King: aka Queen Vee said...

Stopping by from SITS!!

Hilarious - sometimes you don't realize how well our kids are listening!!

Stepfanie said...

Stopping by from SITS, Loved the blog post!

Visit my blog to get a free copy of my latest e-book, The Short & Sweet Guide to Free Marketing for Mommy Bloggers!

www.StepfaniesTimeOut.com

Jen said...

I always get burned by my kids repeating me. It sucks.

Coryanne Ettiene said...

Hi Crazy lady, just wanted to pop over and let you know that I have mentioned your blog on mine today. Hope it gets you a few more followers. All the best, Coryanne aka housewife bliss