Thursday, February 25, 2010

I had an affair...

Not THAT kind of an affair!  You people need to get your minds out of the gutter!  I would never have THAT kind of an affair!  My husband and I have a deal - whoever leaves has to take the kids - therefore nobody is leaving.  We will remain together in spite of each other (just kidding).  And as I told the Enginerd - I don't want to have sex with anyone - it's nothing personal against him!

Back on topic...  I cheated on my hairdresser!  (gasp!)

I have been going to the same hairdresser off and on for about 20 years.  I have naturally curly hair, and it really seems to be a talent to be able to cut that type of hair.  My hairdresser saw me through the 1990s when I had gi-hugical hair!  He saw me graduate from college, and get my first job.  I have a serious relationship with this man! 

He has always done a great job with my hair.  However about 6 months ago, something went wrong.   You need to know that I can't stand it when my hair is not perfectly even on either side of my face - I NEED symmetry!  Seriously, my eyes are highly calibrated and I can detect if things are off even a micro-fraction of a millimeter.  I thought maybe he just had a bad day, but a couple of months later, the same thing went wrong! 

I talked to K-Lo, my 7-year-old daughter about this a couple of weeks ago.  Oh the drama!  "What do you mean you are leaving Bill??  I luuuuv him!  Can we visit him?  He is one of my cuties!"  K-Lo has a thing for older men, and she has this group of older men that she calls "her cuties".  This group includes our hairdresser Bill, my BFF Emilio, Steve Martin, and her Uncle Dwightie.

So Tuesday I went to a new hairdresser, Tammy.  I popped an extra Prozac that day so I would remain calm.  And I am so happy to report that she did a FABULOUS job! She made my week!

So now I need to leave Bill, and it is stressing me out.  Maybe I will just pop an extra Prozac for a few more days until the guilt wears off.

13 comments:

Lori said...

Oh I hate doing that. But it's time. Cut the cord.

Know what you mean about symmetry. Freaks me out too.

Law Momma said...

I'm sorry you have to leave your hairdresser. But... I'm kind of glad b/c it means you had to write this post and introduce me to my new favorite word, "Gi-hugical." YES!!!

Rebekah said...

Finding someone who can cut curly hair is vital to the mental health of us curly-haired people. If you found someone who did a fabulous job, Velcro yourself to her leg and give her bon-bons and don't worry about Bill!

Love, Curly Haired Rebekah

Ms. Diva said...

I love that your daughter has cuties!! Your here at Chez Max we have future husbands! Justin Bieber for my daughter and waaayyy too many for me!!! :) Honey just indulges me and asks, "New future husband?"

Until tomorrow, Jennifer said...

mY HAIR IS ALSO CURLY AND i HAVE HAD BLONDE HI LIGHTS SINCE I AM 12. I STILL CAN'T FIND THE PERFECT HAIRDRESSER. alTHOUGH i DID GET MY AIR DONE ON A CRUISE ONCE BUT SHE WAS FROM AUSTRAILIA

Emma said...

Ha! I feel your guilt! I did the same with my hairdresser , but hadn't been seeing her as long as what you been seeing Bill. (it was only 2 years for us!)
I went to someone else whilst i was pregnant and I hated what she did with my hair and now I'm too terrified to go back to my hairdresser in fear of what she'll say about my betrayal!!

Andrea said...

Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. A girl can't be walking around with wonkie hair.

Pamela said...

Ummmmm, am I the only one who NEEDS TO SEE A PICTURE?! Put it up girl!

Barry and Barbara Knister said...

A hairdresser does the right thing for twenty years--and then messes up two times in a row. Are you absolutely sure your reaction wasn't just what he wanted?

Crazed Mama said...

Girl you look beautiful! She did a fab job. Give Bill the kiss off :-) BTW your blog looks AMAZING! Must be the new do

Ellemes said...

Where are you? Because I REALLY need to find someone that can cut my crazy thick curly hair, and do it well.

Sooooo jealous right now....so jealous

Danielle said...

A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. Looks first. Hairdresser's feelings second.

Stacey said...

I know this is an old post, but I had to comment on it. I lol'd at this one! I am the same way with my hair! I can tell if it's barely off! My hairdresser loves it when I call her at home to tell her about it. She is my sister, and She can't get away from me no matter what! I have cheated and gone some where else to have it fixed before, and she never noticed!