Monday, February 1, 2010

Manic Monday

Now for the real reason I started this blog - to vent my frustrations and rant about whatever I feel like in an attempt to stop screaming at everyone all the time.

We all had a good weekend at my house; everyone got along; played some Beatles Guitar Hero; visited a friend; worked on a project for my sister (details about that in a future post); out for a quick bite last night; shaved the boys heads; all-in-all a good weekend.

Then Monday morning hits - Satan and Lucifer woke up and Lucifer is a complete bear!  These are code names for my lovely children D-Ro and K-Lo.  I swear I do not know what I am going to do with that girl once she hits puberty - her emotions are all over the place now and she is only 7! You know that little nursery rhyme, "there was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead.  And  when she was good, she was very very good.  And when she was bad, she was HORRID!".   Other than the curl, this little diddy describes K-Lo perfectly.  She can be the sweetest most delightful child.  However, when she is in a bad mood, look out.

I had just gotten out of the shower, when I heard a high pitched scream and then crying.  K-Lo had bitten D-Ro!  WHAT?!?!?!?!  Oh My Goodness!  She is 7 for heavens sake!  Why is she biting?  I have no idea, I thought we had nipped that in the bud when she was 2.

I do not spank the children, not because I am morally opposed mind you.  I just do not hit them hard enough (according to the Enginerd).  It really doesn't do anything when I try to spank.  Please don't leave comments telling me how wrong spanking is - I don't agree, I won't agree- and if I could make it work, I would certainly do it.  But I would much rather scream - I know I know - screaming is no better - whatever!  It makes ME feel better - back to the reason I started this blog.

Anyway, D-Ro has quite a bruise where K-Lo bit him.  I was absolutely furious.  So furious I couldn't even scream (now that is mad!)  After I bit K-Lo back (hey it worked when she was 2), I sent her to her room, and told her that she is now grounded for the week. GULP!  No TV, no computer, no leaving her bedroom...  This is going to be the worst week of my life!  I told her she needs to find a better outlet for her anger and frustration - like writing in a diary or starting a blog. 

Of course, K-Lo wanted "the week" defined more clearly, "does that include next Saturday and Sunday?"  she asked.  GRRR! 

Please think of me this week.  Please send happy and encouraging thoughts my way.  I just increased my meds, and I simply cannot go back to the doctor so soon requesting another dosage increase!

7 comments:

Maggi said...

Yikes, what a way to start the week! Sending mega ton happy, calming and encouraging thoughts your way!

Coryanne Ettiene said...

Monday's I always feel like I am swimming in a bowl of jelly/jello with an arngry dwarf on my shoulder shouting commands at everyone in site, glad to know I am not alone. Roll on Tuesday.

The Mommyologist said...

My son is almost 4 and very recently he has taken on this alter ego of the backtalking child from HELL!! I have no idea how to stop it...I'm trying everything!! HELP.

Thanks so much for following me, I am going to follow you too!

ps- I saw on your profile that you live in Pittsburgh, that's my hometown! Most of my family still lives in Sewickley. I LOVE it there.

Ms. Diva said...

We are kindred spirits in screaming!! I wake up everyday and say no yelling today and the my teenagers wake up! Hahaha! I'm a new follower (how can I nofollow a kindred spirit! :))

Andrea said...

I can relate. My 6 year old was kicking my 3 year old because she was in her way this morning.

I am ready for bed now, 5:24pm.

Jen said...

Things always gotta happen when mommy tries to take a shower.

I wish you all the best this week. :)

Kelly said...

LOL...wow, you have your hands full! And btw...I loved your comments about spanking and couldn't agree with you more sister!
I love your honest and sarcastic voice! Definitely joining your site...oh and you were recommended by another blogger at POM's Connect MEme Monday!
http://thepursuitofmommyness.com/