Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My crazy prego sister...

The minor surgery went well yesterday.  The actual procedure took about 15 minutes, which was fine with me.  The cyst was on the back of my head on the right side.  My son was extremely disappointed that I didn't bring it home - I asked if I could have it, but the assistant said No.

While I was in surgery, my sister texted me, so the Enginerd responded to her and told her I was in surgery.  Apparently I had forgotten to tell her that I was having this cyst removed.  She is pregnant so of course she went nuts, freaking out.  "Is it serious?  Why didn't she tell me?  How long is the recovery time?  blah blah blah"

I am actually loving watching my sister slowly lose her marbles with this pregnancy.  It has been very therapeutic for me seeing her slowly descend into insanity - and the kid isn't even here yet!  ha ha!  After my second child, I was a wreck, and my sister was quick to point it out.  Well what goes around comes around, and this whole pregnancy experience for my sister has delighted me and the Enginerd!

Don't get me wrong, I am soooo excited about having a little nephew!  I am equally excited that my sister will soon understand what it feels like to have no control anymore!

All of you Moms know what I am talking about.  You first lose control of your own body.  After I had my kids, I broke out in hives for several months, and my very thick naturally curly hair went straight and fell out in handfuls.  Plus my skin is very inelastic - I have lots of stretch marks and...  well you all know what I am talking about - I don't really need to get into those ugly details.  

Your time is not your own.  Everything starts to revolve around feedings and naps.  Then you lose control over your sleeping habits.  You no longer sleep through the night because there is activity all night long - first with those late feedings and then there is the teething.

You think you will control your new little bundle of joy, but really they are in control now.  I have 2 very strong willed children (don't we all?).  My son wore pajamas for an entire year every day - every day was Jammie Day for D-Ro.  And there was a time when the little girl would only wear pink.  How could I squash these attempts at individuality?  I have bigger fish to fry than what they are wearing.  In fact, at one time, K-Lo wore a pink wig everywhere we went - she loved that thing!  ha ha!

I am sure you are reading this thinking, "what the heck did you expect?"  Honestly, I was really stupid, and didn't know what to expect.  And I suspect my sister is just as clueless.  So all of these changes are really going to take a toll on her (and I secretly LOVE it).  Once she just resigns herself to the fact that she is no longer the boss, she will be fine.  

And she will realize that it is all worth it in the end!  (I keep telling myself that, as I sit in the corner, rocking back and forth, and banging my head against the wall.)

4 comments:

Ms. Diva said...

The little bit of control you have now completely goes out the window once they become teenagers!!! With phones that are surgically attached to their fingers!! :) Too bad you couldn't eve get a pic for your son! Glad all went well!

Andrea said...

Oh you are so right! When I was pregnant with my first, a lady at the gym looked at my belly and said, "you are almost free!" A lady I was talking to said, "No your freedom is almost over!"

I love it all though!

The Mommyologist said...

There are just SO many changes! That is basically the whole basis behind why I started my blog!

The Mommyologist said...

I left you an award over at my blog today! :)