Sunday, February 21, 2010

I am so honored!

The very lovely Susie from {Not Quite}Susie Homemaker has honored me with an award:



Thank you Susie!  I love your blog!  The rules to pass along this award are:

•Be polite, say thank you to the blogger that gave this to you & give 'em a linkback.
•Pass it on to about fifteen other beautiful bloggers that you've recently discovered.
•Link 'em.
•Notify 'em.
•Say seven things about yourself
 I have 5 blogs I am going to pass this award to:


I enjoy all of your blogs - You are all truly Beautiful Bloggers! 

I am not a very interesting person, but here are 7 things about me:

1.  My favorite food is Heinz ketchup.  Love that stuff on everything!

2.  I love TV! My favorite shows are House, CSI, Criminal Minds, anything with the FBI, The Housewives of New York City, The Universe, The Deadliest Catch... I could go on and on.

3.  I  have become a Pittsburgh Penguins fan in the past several years. My son and I like watching the games together. And we have been totally into the Olympic Hockey games!

4.  I married my high school sweetheart.  We have pictures of us together at the prom.

5.  My first job was as a Christmas gift wrap girl at the big blue Sears in East Liberty, which is a neighborhood of Pittsburgh. My Dad wanted me to wrap all of our Christmas gifts at home, and I didn't want to because because I wrapped gifts all the time at Sears. So he brought all of the gifts to Sears for me to wrap them there.

6.  I whistle all the time. Everyone I work with knows I whistle. My husband hates it! I have been whistling for a really long time, and I have been told it is completely un-ladylike, which makes me do it more!

7.  I grew up in a funeral home. According to my husband, that has contributed to my very warped sense of death (not sure what he means when he says that). It was just kind of normal to have a body in the house, and I didn't think much of it if I needed to barge into the embalming room to ask my Dad something or get him to sign a note for school, or whatever.

Thanks again Susie! You made my day!

11 comments:

Vee said...

Thanks for the award!!! =]

I am not so much a ketchup fan, but I could drink A-1, love that stuff!

Housewife Bliss said...

congrats to you! I will check out these new blogs today.

andrea said...

thanks :)

i will have to check out the other blogs you posted.

you must be the best gift-wrapper ever!

Ms. Diva said...

You must really be loved because I have the same award for you! Posted it last night!!!

Law Momma said...

Hooray for blog awards! Well deserved. Also, I too am a whistler. If you were looking for proof that it's un-ladylike, here I am. :)

{Not Quite} Susie said...

We totally watch the same shows! :)

Karls said...

Well there's a quick way to get to know someone! You grew up in a funeral home - how very Six Feet Under (in other words, effin cool!).

My MIL whistles all. the. time. If you were my wife, I'd superglue your lips together! haha

Acting Balanced Mom said...

congrats on you second blog award! visiting from the MEme at Pursuit of Mommyness... Love your blog design and am waiting with bated breath to find out how your meeting with the VP went ...

Until tomorrow, Jennifer said...

i am a member of mom bloggers and i just started following your blog...i look forward to reading your posts. never knew anyone growing up in a funeral home. that had to be interesting

hotpants™ said...

The hubby and I can't whistle at all.

Cheri Pryor said...

Thank you so much for the award!! Your email went in to my spam and I'm just now seeing it. *blush* You are too sweet!