Friday, March 19, 2010

2 out of 5 ain't bad

My dear husband, the Enginerd is sooo busy at work that he has time to read the local new stories.  A couple of days ago, he forwarded me this article:  5 Signs It Might Be Time For A Divorce, Sometimes You Just Need A Clean Break.

To summarize, the 5 signs it might be time for a divorce are:
Infidelity
Financial Irresponsibility
Repugnance
Addiction
Meanness
    Hubby thought we only met 2 of the criteria, a third was questionable.   So I started analyzing these signs in a little more detail:

    Infidelity - No doubt this is a sign that you need a divorce.  But as I have told the Enginerd, I would NEVER divorce him - I would rather make him live in fear for the rest of his life!

    Financial Responsibility - We really don't have a problem with financial responsibility - what's mine is mine and what's his is mine too!  Ok - not really.  We each keep our own money.  And I am completely irresponsible with mine, and I have no idea what he spends his on.  Then there is a joint fund used for bills.

    Repugnance - this was the questionable sign.  I think I have said this before, maybe not - I am terrible at keeping up with the housework and the dishes; the laundry is piled up; there is clutter in our kitchen.  A person who doesn't live here may think it really is repugnant - usually it is!  I have said many times that if a thief ever broke into our house, he would immediately leave because it appears as if our house was already hit!

    Addiction - Ok we fail this one.  I make alot of crafts, and hubby believes it is an addiction - we have argued about it - and I have really had to cut back.   He loves hunting in the fall, so he is generally out of commission from September through December.  I'll admit that since we had our kids, he has really cut back on his hunting, which is unfortunate because I love when he goes away so I can craft all weekend!

    Meanness - We fail this one too.  We have been together for 25 years - since high school.  We have been married for 17 years.  And I have a really sharp tongue!  Hubby has had to learn how to retaliate, and he does quite well.  We have said some really horrible things to each other, and there are NO subjects off limits  At this point, it's like water off a ducks back.  We are both all talk!

    So there you have it - 2 out of 5 ain't bad - and we are damn proud!  As we were talking about this the other night, I took the opportunity to remind the Enginerd that we ARE soul mates.  He still isn't pleased about that!

    5 comments:

    Law Momma said...

    Yeah, I think we're hitting two out of five, too. Should worry start when you have all five or just over half? :)

    Housewife Bliss said...

    interesting read, pretty sure my blogging is taking up too much time, I know I should spend more time at home with him catching up when he gets home...good reminder to shut down and curb my addiction.

    Scraps said...

    Hah! My ex told me one morning that I was not allowed to pick up any more hobbies. I moved out within a month. (Granted, the fact that he was yelling it 6 inches from my face, flailing his arms and stomping his feet at the time didn't help.)

    But, you know, you gotta have priorities ;-) A couple years later all of the "hobbies" started earning me another 4 figures a year. The best revenge is living well...

    (stopping by from SITS)

    Kel said...

    Just swinging by to wish you a happy weekend!

    andrea said...

    blogging is one of my addictions!