Friday, March 26, 2010

Deep Thoughts n'at...

Friday is finally here! This has been a very long week.  I don't have anything structured today - I am just going to ramble on and on.  If you bore easily, you may want to leave now...  {Editor's note:  You may wonder what "n'at" means especially if you are not from the Burgh.  "N'at" is added to the end of most sentences here in Pittsburgh.  Proper definition:  and so forth.} 

  • Little girl drama...  When my 7-year old gets very very tired, she also gets very emotional.  This happens roughly 2 out of 7 nights during a week.  Last night was one of those nights.  First the crying out of nowhere starts.  Then the incoherent rambling about this girl said this and that girl did that, blah blah blah, on and on and on.  The goal is to just get her to shut her eyes for about 30 seconds and she will pass out from exhaustion.  
  •  My son is really a funny kid.  After all of the drama with his sister, I went to tuck him in, and asked him what was going on at school with K-Lo and her best friend.  His explanation, "They are blond!  They are all blond"  Ha ha!  D-Ro doesn't over-analyze - he just tells it like it is.
  • Today is Breakfast Day for me and the kids.  On Fridays, we go to Eat n' Park and then I drive them to school.  We haven't done this in awhile because they have been sooooo rotten, that I just couldn't bear the thought of enduring an entire meal with them in public.  But they were pretty good this week, so we are going out for breakfast today.    Great way to start the weekend!
    • I am really in a rut at work.  I have told all of you before that I really do love my job and the company where I work.  But I don't know if I am bored or overwhelmed or what...  I just have no motivation to do any work!  So a friend of mine called this week about a potential opportunity at another company.  The conversation started with me saying, " no no I am not leaving the asylum - I just can't leave - I love it here..."  and it ended with me sending her my resume.  D'oh!  I will keep you all posted on that.
    • I realized yesterday that I am developing back fat!  Seriously - Back Fat!  I don't understand what is happening to my body!  I don't recall having fat back there before.  And one of the little boys at work gave me an entire lecture about how my metabolism is slowing down and you can't target fat loss blah blah blah...  Just to clarify, I have a group of young men at work that I refer to as the little boys because they just seem so young to me.  One by one they are getting married and having kids, but there is still one little boy remaining.
      • Tonight is Emilio and Cybil's Book Club n'at - Woo Hoo!   I know there are alot of you newer Mom's out there struggling for your own time away from you kids, where your husband takes some of the responsibility for the little terrorists.  I am very lucky - the Enginerd has always stepped up to let me get out of the house for awhile (since 8-9 hours at work every day really isn't enough for me - ha ha!)  Anyhoo - Emilio and I have been looking forward to book club for some time.  We actually read 2 books, and we have resisted the urge to discuss them at length at work.  So tonight we will be at the Rivertowne Pourhouse in Monroeville PA  for book club.  If anyone is interested in attending, come on over!  I will be in cognito as myself - you can't miss me - I am typically the loudest one in any establishment, even though I am using my inside voice.  Emilio will be with me and he looks like this:
      {Editor's note to all single ladies in the Burgh:  Emilio is single.  I have been meaning to do a personal ad for him here on my blog, but I just can't summon the right words for it.  For now, suffice it to say he is a great catch and if you are interested, you should email me or just show up at the Pourhouse tonight and we will interview you.}
      • The Enginerd  and I will be hosting a sleepover for our son this weekend and several of his little friends.  His sister is determined to stay here (as opposed to staying at Grandma's house) and terrorize them.  I am pretty sure if she gets her way some of them may run screaming from the sleepover.  Please pray for us.  Actually, please pray for the Enginerd - he is in charge.  I need my sleep!


      Have a great weekend everyone!

      4 comments:

      Melissa B. said...

      Good luck with that sleepover! You'll probably have to take a couple of days off from work, to catch up on your sleep. I've been in a rut at work, too, so guess what I did? Took a trip to FLA! SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did...

      Afternoon Delight

      Law Momma said...

      I so wish I was going to be up your way and could come to the book club. *sniff* Remind me again why we don't have teleporters yet??

      Desert Rose said...

      Hot pants shipped me over here!

      Lesley said...

      I love how different boys and girls are.....