Friday, March 5, 2010

Emilio and Cybil's Book Club

My BFF, Emilio and I have started a book club.  We have 2 members - me and Emilio.  Book reviews are held whenever we feel like it (at least every other month) at the Rivertowne Pourhouse where we like to drink heavily.

We have both finished reading the book Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian Weiss MD:

This book is about past lives and souls, and how our souls travel together through multiple lives.  So my husbands and my soul may have been together in a previous life.  We may not have been husband and wife, we may have been father and daughter or mother and daughter or some other relationship.  And we may be in a future life together.  This book is very intriguing and thought provoking.  I was telling my husband about it and this is how the conversation went:

Me:  We may have been together in a previous life.

the Enginerd:  Oh yea?

Me:  Yes (very enthusiastically)!  And our souls may travel together into future lives because really, I think we are soul mates!  We could be together for infinity and beyond!

the Enginerd:  (as all the blood drained from his face)  Are you fuckin kiddng me??  I am not going to get rid of you after death??

I completely ruined his weekend!  ha ha!

12 comments:

Emilio said...

That’s great…I can’t wait until I see the Enginerd and congratulate him...ha ha...

Eva Gallant said...

Oh that is great! lol

Ellemes said...

Hehehe...that is funny.

So do you believe in the past/future life thing? or just an interesting book?

looks interesting...

Toni said...

What a great post!

Stoppin' by from SITS!

I'd love for you to check out my latest Zoodles review and giveaway: online educational games for kids 10 and under!

http://tinyurl.com/ybgrdg9

Dawn said...

Thanks for visiting my blog... returning the favor and glad I did!

HeMan Hubby and I had this conversation once... he swears that I am his punishment for doing something horrible in a past life... and I thought I was his reward! LOL!

Laura said...

haha Priceless!

Unknown Mami said...

You guys sound like an awesome book club!

Thank you for visiting on my SITs day!

Lydia and Kate said...

It's romantic *and* horrifying. And that is why I love your blog.
xo, Lydia

Writing Without Periods! said...

I read this book by Brian Weiss and really thought it was interesting. I suggested it for my book club and they read it then picked it apart with "What about this, and What about that?" I still like the book and sometimes I do believe in past lives. Love the post...funny. :-)

Law Momma said...

hahahahaha. That sounds like what Husband would say.

Christy said...

You make my day sunny so I gave you an award! Its here: http://christy-newblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/and-oscar-goes-to.html

Andrea said...

That is funny! I'm sure he would really be sad in his future lives without you! ha!