Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Want a New Drug

I am going on a rant now...  What is wrong with the medical community that they cannot invent a drug that makes me stop gaining weight??  Every time I go to the doctor, I ask the same thing, "Are there any new drugs out there to make me lose weight?"  There never are!!! 

My father-in-law says, "it's easy, just stop eating so much."  It would be easier if there were a drug, and I am certainly not opposed to popping a pill for any ailment.  Why is it that the drug companies can make a drug so that a man can get his rocks off, but they can't make a drug to help me lose weight??  I guarantee it has something to do with all of the men in the board room - don't even get me started on that!


So, I have decided to stop using the bathroom scale!  That thing makes me so mad!  Never mind the fact that I have started growing rolls on my back.  I put a pair on pants on yesterday and I looked like a stuffed sausage! What has happened to me??

I get on the elliptical machine every day at 4 pm (we have a gym at work), and I run my ass off on that stupid thing.  But obviously is is DOING NOTHING because my ass is growing.  I even switched to Mike's Hard Lemonade, LIGHT. 

No more!  I am getting back on the bandwagon now!   I have been a lifetime member of Weight Watchers for many years, so I know the routine.  Effective immediately (after I have a donut) I am turning this situation around. 

I'll keep all of you posted on my progress. 

11 comments:

Mrsblogalot said...

Love that picture and how true it is!!

I've banned my scale for years now. If I can fit into my pants, I'm good. I don't need a number (I just need pants that fit (-:)

Red Velvet Confections said...

If you ever find that magical pill...please let me know where I can get it.

theheirtoblair.com said...

I need a magical pill, STAT.

Good luck with starting WW back up - I run a "McFatty Mondays" segment on Heir to Blair & we've got roughly 80-100 girls that blog weekly about our weight loss journeys, encourage each other, swap tips & recipes. I'd love for you to join if you want!

http://theheirtoblair.com/mcfatty-monday/

Tricia said...

Dear Twin-

Where do I start? I could have written this. Oh wait I have, I am now on Month 3 of WW I went back after MANY MANY MANY years. I have went from a 30/32 to a 22/24 (not huge but it has helped me a ton). I know how hard this is! BOY do I know!! Good luck and if you need anything I am just a blog away!!

Tricia

Ms. Diva said...

I am right there with you!!! Unfortunately, I have a SO that is borderline OCD about her weight and losing weight so I am on the scale every other week!! Not really looking forward to Friday because I haven't been excerising for a month - dang pnuemonia!!!!

Rebekah said...

I hear ya! I not only need a weight loss pill, I think I also need a bra for my butt to hold it up while I work on making it smaller. (whimper)

Andrea said...

You go girl! Enjoy the donut though. I wish there was a pill too!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I wish there was a pill too. The older I am getting the HARDER it seems to lose weight! I am struggling too!

The Mommyologist said...

Make sure to fill me in when they invent that pill!!

Rebekah said...

Woo! I just noticed that you blog rolled me! thanks!

Housewife Bliss said...

that cartoon is classic! has really made me laugh, if you find that wonder drug to blog about it!