Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Fatties

My bloggy buddy Pam over at 2 Much Testerone has started a little cyber support system for those of us who are trying to shed some weight.  So I am jumping on the bandwagon!

I have been obsessed with my weight for as long as I can remember.  I have tried sooooo many diets including Atkins, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Herbal Life, Suzanne Somers…  I am sure there are more, there are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.  I have always been mildly successful with each of these diets.  But then my love of food overcomes my willpower.  I can’t just have a “taste” of anything!

I have worked out for years.  We have a gym at the Asylum (which I am going to miss more than anything except Emilio), and I go there usually 4 out of 5 weekdays.  I generally do cardio and ab work.  Fortunately, my new employer has a deal with a local gym as well, and I will be joining immediately upon starting that job.

Anyway, yesterday I had my annual visit to my doctor.  I dread stepping on the scale more than the saddling up and putting my feet in the stirrups!  Well, I have reached MAXIMUM density.  As always, I asked the doctor if there had been any new scientific breakthroughs that I need to be aware of – like a new drug that is going to magically make me lose those 10 extra pounds.  Nothing! 

So I need to really buckle down now.  My clothes are all a little snug around the middle.  I can’t even blame my kids since my youngest is almost 8 years old! 

The Enginerd is of no help!  He has actually told me that he wouldn’t care if I was 1000 pounds if I was just happy with the way I looked. 

One silver lining…  Emilio and I were working out together in the gym yesterday, and he assured me that even though I am at maximum density, I may still be considered a MILF in some remote areas of the world.  Thanks Emilio!  Incidentally, Emilio wrote a lovely post on his blog last night about my departure from the Asylum.  I intend to write a post about that in a few days, but I can’t do that right now because it just makes me cry!  


Anyway, count me in for Fattie Fridays Pam!  

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I always remember you saying..."I'm feeling the slim down!" :)

Pamela said...

Woo Hoo!!!!!! I'm glad you're on board girl.... We're so gonna do this.

I totally made a button and stuck it in my post, if ya want it!

BLOGitse said...

I don't have weight problems. I've had some extra kilos and lost them just by eating.
"You are what you eat" - I think it's true.
No diet is good if we don't change our eating habits totally > forever...
It's boring but true.

I keep my thumbs up for you!!!

“Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest” from Casablanca, Morocco!

BLOGitsePHOTOS

Jennifer said...

Lots of great support sites in the blogosphere for losing weight. I think support is a key to doing it. Good luck.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest.