Thursday, February 17, 2011

Size does matter?

So I snore...  Well that is what I am told anyway...  For a long time I was convinced that Satan and Lucifer were conspiring against me, and just pretending that I snore in an effort to see if they could drive me further into insanity.   Then they got El Director on board, and he told me I snored.

One night I got the bright idea that I would record myself on my iPhone all night long to catch myself snoring.  What happened instead is that I think I crashed my iPhone...  I am not sure if the 7 hour 47 minute recording had anything to do with it - I just know that right after that recording, the iPhone suffered a horrible death.  I never got to listen to that recording, so I still have never heard myself actually snore.  I am just taking the word of some very questionable characters!

I do know that I wake up every. single. night.  And I am starting to think that I actually wake myself up snoring.  So El Director had a bright idea that I should try some nose strips, and he happen to have some for me to try - they were Target brand.  And I must report that the first night I wore the nose strip, I slept soundly all night long, for the first time in as long as I can remember.  I tried the Target nose strip a second night, and sure enough, I slept great!

So I stopped at the Rite Aid one evening between running to soccer and swimming and I bought a box of nose strips - they were Rite Aid brand.  And that night, I used one.  But by the next morning, the strip was missing - I still have not located it.  My son did however reported that I did not snore.

The next night, I used another Rite Aid Strip, but I woke up about 4:00 am and tossed and turned after that.  Eventually that strip started lifting up around 5:00 or so.  My daughter wore one of the nose strips that night too (she does have a little snoring problem occasionally).

So that morning, after we were all awake, I said to K-Lo, "I wonder if my nose is too big for the strip??"  Then I went downstairs to get her breakfast ready.

While I am getting her some toast, she is yelling down from my bedroom, "Size does matter Mom!"  Um - WHAT???  She yelled that to me again.  I seriously had no idea WHAT the child was talking about.

I went back upstairs, and she is sitting on my bed reading the box for the nose strips, and it does say on the box that some people require a medium-large nose strip, and I was only using the medium strips.

Hmph!  So basically, my nose is too big for the medium strips!   Apparently size does matter in more ways than one!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Well, you learn something new every day!

Jenn said...

So I'm reading this while sitting in my parent's kitchen listening to both of them snoring in the family room :).

Mrs. Tuna said...

So.....maybe I should use the king size pillow on my husband, the Big Tuna, since he's a big guy?

gayle said...

Oh yes size and kind does matter!