Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

This year, I am celebrating Mother's Day with El Director and our 4 kiddles.  El Director's girls (AHA and AWA) have completely embraced me as a Mom - and it feels awesome!  These 2 sweet little girls lost their mother almost 2 years ago.  And there is something inside of me that compels me to help them feel whole again. 

I am working so hard to make sure D-Ro, K-Lo, AHA, and AWA feel a mother's love every single day!  Each of them touches my heart in their own special way.  Some thoughts off the top of my head...

  • I love when my son, who is 10 just comes up to me out of nowhere and hugs me and tells me he loves me.  He is so loving and sweet.  He is a very reserved little boy with his feelings.  But I know in my heart how much he loves his Mom!
  • I love K-Lo's sense of humor...  She has always been very wise beyond her years, and she has a very mature sense of humor.  She makes me laugh every. single. day.  
  • I love in the morning when AWA gets up with me (she is an early bird like me) and she looks at me and says "Coffee?"  And she snuggles up with me on the couch under an afghan and we watch Good Morning America.
  • I love how AHA waits until the other kids are distracted with something, and she sneaks up to me and gives me a big bear hug.  
They are 4 different people....  All smart, funny, loving, and kind.  And all of them also have their own special way of pushing me to the edge of sanity - like when they leave garbage all over the inside of my van; sing top 40 songs like "What the Hell" at the top of their lungs; or call my every expanding ass "Nancy."

But I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to be a Mom to all of these kids.  They are all teaching me to be a better person and they are teaching me how unconditional love feels.  So today I will celebrate the gift of 4 children that has been given to me.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Happy mother's day!

Kat said...

I hope you have a great Mother's Day!

Banaia said...

That's great!!.. congratulations!!!