Tuesday, May 17, 2011

In true Picksburgh fashion...

We got married this weekend at the Heinz History Center, which is absolutely the most fabulous museum in Pittsburgh!  It is all Pittsburgh, all the time!  We LOVE it!  El Director and I love it!  All four kids love it! 

On a bit of a tangent, I must confess that one of my favorite things in Pittsburgh is at the airport...  When you go up the escalator after the tram...  on your way to the sky mall and the terminals...  there are 2 statues.  One of these statues is George Washington - the founder of our country.  The other statue is of Franco Harris - the receiver of the immaculate reception.

I think it is so soooooo funny that we place these 2 "legends" side by side.  There is just something very comical about this to me.  There is a similar statue of Franco Harris at the Heinz History Center...

And I am raising 4 little Picksburghers...  So in true Picksburgh fashion,  we had to get a picture of the 4 kiddles with Franco...


I love this picture!  Look at those faces!  They had a great time at the wedding and the reception!

2 comments:

Facie said...

I would put most of the Steeler greats up against almost anyone, but, yeah, definitely a Burgh thing.

Hopefully, you and hubby will raise those kids to be life-long members of Steeler Nation (is hubby even a member?)!

Glad the day went well. Great pic!

Jenn said...

Definitely a "Picksburgh" wedding. Love the pic and all those lovely smiles :).